Saturday, October 3, 2015

Design Proposal - Stations

After the first wave of presentations I noticed one of the groups had an interesting image of a station. The image I saw was quite similar to the top image in my sketch below. It is definitely not to scale as everything is out of proportions. However this is not a display of my artistic skill rather than a design I stumbled upon in my mind. The image I saw depicted cars lined up in the fashion I have drawn below, and it lead me to think this is the answer. Originally, my thought for the station design would simply be a single track where a pod stopped, left the passenger off, and then pick up a new one. However this leads to problems where passengers might get on the wrong cart, and are then blocked by the empty car ahead of them.

My design here is to have a set of short parallel tracks where the pods can be parked. In my sketch there are only three however this can be expanded indefinitely, perhaps a second floor of them could work too . The idea here is to create a space where each cart can be parked and wait for passengers to get on. There would be a down ramp to arrive at the station, and an up ramp to get back to the track. This would allow dirty or damaged carts to stay at the nearest station to wait for repairs or cleaning. The main point of this design is such that while pods aren't being used they will not block the way of other pods.


1 comment:

  1. Now that I look at it again, those supports for the roof might not even be needed since it can be supported by the over hanging track.

    ReplyDelete