Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 6 - Work Time and AnSys Speaker

This we we got time to work on the project and have some time with the small scale model. We took another look at the model and see what we can change. Nasrat and I also talked to Dr. Furman about the route we should take for the communications and locations services for the small scale track. As our discussion holds we decided to go with WiFi modules and drop the local positioning system since it is somewhat out of the scope of the project.

After our time with the scale model we also had a speaker talk to us about AnSys and how it can be applied. I didn't think it was very productive, since I knew its potential, I just didn't know how to actually use it. I guess learning that I can probably get it for free would be good. It may also prove useful for the small scale for the stress analysis of the support beams, other than that there isn't much stress analysis I see that we need to do for the small scale. Maybe something to see how the track will warp.

No comments:

Post a Comment